Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Beginning

If you don’t know me, I not only welcome you to my blog, but I also invite you to click on “view my complete profile” on the left side of the page.  That will help you understand who I am, and my desire for discussing this topic.

One of the things I’ve become interested in recently is finances and how it plays into social status and behavior.  From a psychology standpoint, I tend to ask the question “why.”  I’m not intending to create a forum of whiners, but a place to hash out the why’s behind certain financial tendencies.

Now instead of immediately throwing out a bunch of statistics, I’d like to hear from you.  In a way, gather my own statistics.  I’m very interested in exploring how others’ backgrounds have affected them, and what their opinions on specific topics might be.  One’s background definitely plays a role in their current position, but I believe it doesn’t dictate it.  So let’s start with ourselves.

            How did your parents introduce you to money?
                        Did you have to ask? 
Did you get it for rewards/presents?
Did they fight about money?
Did you know anything at all about money as a child?

In addition to a written response, please feel free to take the survey on the side of the blog as well!

2 comments:

  1. My answer to most of your questions is an honest IDK. I'm pretty sure my parents never fought about money. Is there really all that much about money to think about though? I thought it was pretty straight-forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you for an honest answer! When I was young my parents didn't fight about money either. For me it was more of something I could earn, or a gift for birthdays and Christmas'.
    I definitely think there is quite a bit to think about when it comes to money. Yes a dollar bill is pretty straight forward, but there are hundreds of possibilities with that one single bill.
    As a child not as many, but still important decisions.
    Agree?

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments below this BLOG entry...